REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Resident Evil 4 – Step into the shoe of Leon S. Kennedy as he shines a light on the grim transformation of a European village while searching for the President’s abducted daughter. Resident Evil 4 introduced an over-the-shoulder camera and responsive action mechanics that continue to influence the series. This version of the game also contains Separate Ways, a scenario that was included in other HD rereleases. The Resident Evil 4 game is available May 21.
- Resident Evil – Experience the remaster that brought the 1996 horror classic back to life. The original 2002 remaster not only featured reimagined HD environments and characters, but also enhanced vocal performances to create an even more terrifying retelling of the original story. This HD remaster features all of the chilling moments and claustrophobic tension of the original release, and also includes the Wesker’s Report and Wesker’s Report II video features. The Resident Evil game is available May 21.
- Resident Evil 0 – Resident Evil 0 details the events aboard the Ecliptic Express, which led up to the Mansion Incident depicted in Resident Evil. This ambitious prequel featured various mechanics that were new to the series, including the partner zapping system, which allows players to switch between the two protagonists on the fly. Wesker Mode lets you experience the game in a different way by introducing series antagonist Albert Wesker as a playable character, complete with his superhuman powers. The Resident Evil 0 game is available May 21.
- Team Sonic Racing – Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive-style racing. Face off with friends in intense multiplayer* racing, race together across stunning worlds and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style: Choose from three distinct character types and unlock game-changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. The Team Sonic Racing game is available May 21.
- Fortnite – Season 9 – The future is yours in Season 9! In this new Fortnite season, the volcano has erupted and forever changed some long-lasting locations. Grab the squad to explore the bright lights of new attractions like Peely’s Banana Stand and Nugget Hut. Catch a ride and quickly traverse areas by flying in and out of the new Slipstream wind transportation system. Use the new Air Vents to quickly navigate from building to building. You can even take a glide over to the new Mega Mall to do some shopping before the storm hits. A new season also means a new Battle Pass. More than 100 new exclusive rewards are ready for you to unlock, and it still costs the same 950 V-bucks. This season, you’ll get the Sentinel Outfit and Rox progressive Outfit instantly when you purchase the Battle Pass.
- Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online**
- Donkey Kong Jr. – Based on the popular arcade game, Donkey Kong Jr. is the sequel to the immensely successful Donkey Kong game. Play as Donkey Kong’s son, and rescue your dad who has been kidnapped and imprisoned in a cage by Mario. Use jumping and climbing abilities to clamber up vines and chains, gather vital fruit and keys, and open the cage to free your father. Make sure you avoid the pesky birds, nasty electric sparks and creepy chompers. Four different worlds filled with numerous climbing and jumping puzzles await you in this timeless classic.
- VS. Excitebike – Fans love the Excitebike game for its frenetic races, high stakes and sweet jumps. With this game, you can take it to the next level with the Famicom disk version of VS. Excitebike – complete with two-player split screen. Create tracks from 20 classic Excitebike track parts, and go for a best time or take on friends. Racing is even more exciting when the rivalries are real. You can also try out the single-player mode in VS. Excitebike. It adds tracks, music and the ability to save your high score.
- Clu Clu Land – The greedy Sea Urchins have stolen all of Clu Clu Land’s gold bars and buried them in a series of mazes. As Bubbles, a brave bubble fish, you’ll set out to uncover all of the gold bars in each maze. With 20 stages to complete and increasingly complex conditions (like having to pass over the gold bars twice to uncover them), you might just want to bring along a friend for help.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- Pokémon My Nintendo Rewards – You can redeem your My Nintendo points*** for new Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield wallpaper featuring the game’s three partner Pokémon. Which one is your favorite? You can also redeem your My Nintendo points to get 30% off the Detective Pikachu and Pokémon Art Academy games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. For more info, visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/67e29f7f01f2c3f4.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- 39 Days to Mars
- Akane – Available May 17
- Arcade Archives NINJA GAIDEN
- Assassin’s Creed III: Remastered – Available May 21
- Atelier Lulua ~The Scion of Arland~ – Available May 21
- Blades of Time
- Chicken Rider – Available May 17
- Devious Dungeon 2 – Available May 17
- GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R
- Gunlord X – Available May 22
- Pocket League Story
- Project Nimbus: Complete Edition
- Super Life of Pixel
- Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
- The Last Door – Complete Edition – Available May 22
- Thief Simulator
*Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
**Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required. Not available in all countries. For the latest list of countries, please visit Customer Support. Internet access required for online features. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
***A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.
For Nintendo 3DS systems, use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in any Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Account.
Customers in the U.S. and Canada ages 18 and older can also link a PayPal account to their Nintendo Account to purchase digital games and content for the Nintendo Switch system both on-device and from the Nintendo website. Once the accounts are linked, users may also use PayPal as a payment option when buying digital content for the Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family systems from the Nintendo website.
My Nintendo members can earn Gold Points on eligible digital purchases. Already have Gold Points? Redeem them toward your next digital purchase of Nintendo Switch games and DLC on Nintendo eShop, or on discount rewards for select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories for more details.
Remember that Nintendo Switch, Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL and Nintendo 2DS feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch, http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.