Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft Classic Servers Go Live During HyperX Kickoff to WoW Classic Event Held at HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., announced HyperX Kickoff to WoW® Classic, a livestream event, for World of Warcraft® fans old and new, recalling nostalgic moments and building excitement for the hours leading up to Blizzard Entertainment’s WoW Classic servers going live. The event will include interviews as well as exclusive videos and panels featuring top WoW streamers, cosplayers, and a member of Blizzard’s WoW development team. The HyperX Kickoff to WoW Classic will stream for over four hours on Monday, Aug. 26 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. PT. The stream will be filmed at the HyperX Esports Arena in Las Vegas and the broadcast will be hosted on both Twitch.tv/hyperX and Twitch.tv/warcraft.
The stream will be hosted by:
- Healingstat (https://twitter.com/Healingstat): Healingstat built a big name for himself on Classic Beta with a second place finish in the final dueling tournament on the server. He is an active esports caster, currently hosting Blizzard’s Arena World Championship.
- AskJoshy (https://twitter.com/AskJoshy): AskJoshy has been playing Blizzard games since Diablo I and Warcraft II, enjoying World of Warcraft since the Vanilla beta in 2004, and commentating esports titles since 2010.
Other guests joining the event include:
- Sonii Digital (https://twitter.com/sonii): Sonii is a full-time streamer on Twitch with a passion for gaming across multiple genres and games; Classic World of Warcraft is where he found his niche.
- Asmongold (https://twitter.com/Asmongold): Zack, better known as Asmongold, is a recognized and successful content creator from the World of Warcraft community and has also become one of the top five most watched channels on the platform.
- JakenbakeLIVE (https://twitter.com/jakenbakeLIVE): Los Angeles native jakenbakeLIVE is known as Twitch’s No. 1 Outdoor Travel/“In Real Life” (IRL) streamer, with a passion for gaming – all-time favorite game being World of Warcraft (Vanilla through Cata).
- Kate (https://twitter.com/helloiamkate): Kate is a Los Angeles-based streamer, cosplayer, and actor and has attended multiple conventions and cosplayed in TV shows and movies, such as Anime Crimes Division.
- Esfand (https://twitter.com/EsfandTV): Esfand is a WoW/IRL/Variety Content Creator and a leading streamer and influencer in the World of Warcraft: Classic scene.
- A Developer from Blizzard (To Be Determined)
“HyperX is excited to bring HyperX Kickoff to WoW Classic to fans in anticipation of the WoW Classic servers going live,” said Stephanie Winkler, strategic marketing, HyperX. “Fans can return to Azeroth and reminisce as they prepare to play WoW Classic.”
During the stream, HyperX will be giving away gifts and prizes. Event hosts and guests are subject to change. Additional event details are available here.
HyperX is the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent memory manufacturer, with the goal of providing gamers, PC builders, PC, console and mobile power users with high-performance components. For 16 years, the HyperX mission has been to develop gaming products for all types of gamers – high-speed memory, solid state drives, headsets, keyboards, mice, charging accessories for console players, USB flash drives, and mousepads – to the gaming community and beyond. The award-winning HyperX brand in known for consistently delivering products that deliver superior comfort, aesthetics, performance, and reliability. HyperX gear is the choice of celebrity ambassadors, pro gamers, tech enthusiasts, and over-clockers worldwide because it meets the most stringent product specifications and is built with best-in-class components. HyperX has shipped over 60 million memory modules and 7 million gaming headsets worldwide.
Join the global #HyperXFamily at facebook.com/hyperxcommunity, and learn how HyperX products can enhance your console experience and boost performance for both you and your PC at hyperxgaming.com. Whatever your skill level, whatever genres you play, we embrace all gaming enthusiasts everywhere with our core belief — We’re All Gamers.
About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, Overwatch®, the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, and the multi-franchise Heroes of the Storm®, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes twenty-two #1 games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online gaming service, Blizzard Battle.net®, is one of the largest online-gaming services in the world, with millions of active players.
Editor’s Note: For additional information or executive interviews, please contact Mark Tekunoff, Kingston Technology Company, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-2791(Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room here.
Kingston, the Kingston logo and HyperX are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Walt & Company for HyperX