DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Virtual Reality In Gaming Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 – 2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The virtual reality (VR) in the gaming market was valued at USD 7.7 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 42.50 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 32.75% over the forecast period, 2020 – 2025.
VR technology has gained widespread recognition and adoption over the past few years. Recent technological advancements in this field have revealed new enterprises.
Numerous players are emerging in this market with the hopes of navigating it toward mainstream adoption in the gaming market space. According to NewGenApps, by 2025, the worldwide user base of AR and VR games is expected to grow to 216 million users.
VR gaming involves a 3D environment that enables the user on a computing device with the help of a mouse, touch screen, other components to feel the physical presence in the game settings. The various accessories associated with the VR technology such as virtual reality headsets, wrap-around display screens, virtual reality rooms equipped with wearable computers, and sensory components enables gamers to interact, view and move around the objects in the game setting.
- Oculus VR (Facebook Technologies LLC)
- HTC Vive
- Valve Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Virtuix Omni
- Nintendo Co Limited
- Microsoft Corporation
- Samsung Corporation
- Google LLC
Key Market Trends
Premium Mobile Platform to Hold Significant Market Share
- Mobile virtual reality (VR) gaming is the most affordable experience for consumers who want to explore VR gaming without spending a substantial amount of money. Also, the portability and massive install base of smartphone users, across the world, is leading to its widespread adoption. According to Plink, there is about 2.2 billion mobile gamer around the globe.
- With the growing number of mobile gamers, the mobile VR gaming market is expected to gain significant traction as players are offering various accessories such as a head-mounted display for smooth VR gaming experience for the mobile-based gamers.
- The most widely known VR headsets for mobile phones are Samsung Gear and Google Daydream. The lower price as compared to console and PC headsets and mobile headsets are often bundled with premium phones are vital factors that are driving the market. According to the 3D insider, by 2020, it is estimated that the number of VR headsets sold will reach up to 82 million units.
Asia-Pacific Region to Witness Significant Growth
- Asia-Pacific is expected to hold a significant share owing to the presence of large and several emerging economies such as India, China, among others, along with the rising acceptance of virtual reality devices in the region. This is, in turn, expected to encourage industry players to invest in VR gaming in the region.
- Due to the rising adoption of VR technology in the country, China is expected to account for a prominent share in the region. Also, the Chinese market for VR is expected to increase due to increased policy support from the government as well as rolling out of technologies such as 5G in the country. According to the industry regulator, China’s virtual reality (VR) market is forecast to expand to USD 7.9 billion by 2021.
- The region is witnessing many investment and development in the R gaming market space. For instance, in August 2019, Beijing-China’s online and mobile game developer Yunyou Holdings, which is listed in Hong Kong, acquired the virtual reality startup Beijing Xigua Huyu Entertainment Technology to expand its product line.
- Also, in January 2020, Virtuleap has launched the Enhance VR brain training app in China in partnership with the HTC Viveport China team. Enhance VR offers a daily workout of mini-games designed to assess and train different cognitive skills such as memory, problem-solving, flexibility, and speed, as well as motor skills, spatial orientation, and spatial audio awareness.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing availability of compelling and theme-based games in the VR format
4.2.2 Millennials and high-income groups to drive adoption in the near & medium-term
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Threshold related to visual and auditory aspects – High demand for Mobile AR Gaming
4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.5 Impact of COVID-19 on the VR Gaming industry
4.6 Analysis on the popular themes in VR Gaming and top publishers (Arcade, Adventure, Horror, etc.)
4.7 Comparative study of AR & VR-based Gaming
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By VR Type
5.2 By VR in Gaming
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of The World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1t96d4
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900