AppsFlyer’s latest offering enables mobile gaming studios and developers to unlock new performance marketing opportunities and revenue streams across additional popular platforms
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–AppsFlyer today announced the expansion of its cross-platform measurement innovation to include PC and consoles. This first-to-market solution empowers game developers, marketers and studios to optimize their campaign measurement and explore new revenue opportunities by reaching potential players and connecting marketing campaigns across PC, gaming consoles and any other platform, device and channel. With its launch, mobile gaming companies can tap new and exciting ways to deliver exceptional experiences that attract and retain players and drive business growth.
“As we continue to improve measurement capabilities for brands and marketers, we’re giving gaming companies the tools they need to feel confident in their marketing, no matter the platform, by opening up new opportunities that have not been available before,” said Adam Smart, Director of Product Gaming, AppsFlyer. “For gaming marketers and developers, providing exceptional experiences that extend across platforms is more important than ever, and the ability to measure everything in one place is the holy grail. AppsFlyer’s new PC and console measurement solution does just that by providing a holistic view from user acquisition to post-conversion, and gives marketers the insights they need to analyze media budget distribution, performance, Lifetime Value (LTV) and Return on Investment (ROI) across mobile, ConnectedTV (CTV), PC, console and web – in one unified platform.”
As gaming companies have seen a consistent increase in users playing and connecting across multiple devices and platforms, there has been a need for gaming businesses to find new ways to attract and engage players that meet this behavior – and grow their revenues in a saturated market. With the evolving privacy developments in the mobile ecosystem, gaming marketers and developers require sophisticated measurement solutions in order to make the expansion from mobile to PC and console successful.
“Gaming is increasingly becoming a place for players to connect and socialize across every platform – including mobile, console and PC,” said Cole Carnes, Senior Growth Marketing Manager at Kabam, creators of the worldwide blockbuster mobile hit Marvel Contest of Champions, and the cross platform title Shop Titans. “AppsFlyer’s ability to measure our marketing activity is essential for maximizing audience engagement and growing new business opportunities, while continuously enhancing our content offerings to our players.”
With AppsFlyer’s PC and Console measurement, game developers and marketers can tap into new insights and better understand the 70% of PC and console players that move between platforms1, and, more importantly, empower gaming businesses to make data-driven decisions that fuel sustainable growth. Gaming companies can now:
- Unlock performance marketing on PC and Console: Allocate marketing resources and ad spend towards the best performing activities and channels, and optimize the full funnel across platforms, devices and networks.
- Gain accurate analysis of campaign performance and in-game event measurement: Marketers can now measure post-conversion in-game events across all gaming platforms, including Steam, Epic, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, Meta Quest, macOS app store and Windows store.
- Prove Return on Ad Spend across platforms with cross-platform campaign measurement: Drive growth by reaching potential players wherever they are, whether they’re browsing the web, using their mobile devices, watching content on CTV, or engaging with owned media channels – while accurately measuring campaigns and proving Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
- Measure all marketing campaigns in one place: Gain a complete picture of ad media budget distribution and campaign performance across multiple platforms, devices, and channels. Easily monitor ad spend and performance metrics in real-time, to make informed decisions and optimize your campaigns for maximum impact.
“Traditional barriers between platforms are blurring. In today’s gaming market, players play on more platforms than ever,” said Tom Wijman, Lead Analyst, at Newzoo, a leading global provider of games and esports data and insights. “Newzoo’s research shows that these multi-platform players are more likely to be paying for games and spend more time playing on average per week. Therefore, it makes sense for developers and publishers to pursue a cross-platform strategy to ensure your game is available to players on the device they are playing on the moment they want to play. A tool that allows you to measure the effectiveness of this strategy across all these devices is extremely powerful.”
- Read the new guide on how to unlock new revenue streams for game developers here.
- See the latest State of Gaming App Marketing Report, 2023 edition, here.
- Stay on top of the latest news and announcements from AppsFlyer on LinkedIn.
1Newzoo PC & Console Gaming 2023
AppsFlyer helps brands make good choices for their business and their customers with its advanced measurement, data analytics, deep linking, engagement, fraud protection, data clean room and privacy preserving technologies. Built on the idea that brands can increase customer privacy while providing exceptional experiences, AppsFlyer empowers thousands of creators and 10,000+ technology partners to create better, more meaningful customer relationships. To learn more, visit www.appsflyer.com.