Like every year, the time comes Game of the Year Awards! This year, the Game Awards show will take place on December 7, with Geoff Keighley as presenter. To be named, the games must be released on a date between 24 November 2016 and 17 November 2017. The jury who nominates the games is made up of 51 video game journalism sites, which in turn vote for the winners of the Game of the Year - to be more precise, 90% of the vote is determined by the magazines, the remaining 10% of the audience.

There are no controversy as the release date is a binary requirement, which includes even Early Access games - and in fact was Playerunknown's Battlegrounds candidate, although Bernard Greene himself said that he does not think the game is worthy of winning a Game of the Year when he competes with titles such as Horizon: Zero Dawn or the new Zelda.

This is the full list of candidates, broken down by category. Who do you fan? Do you think someone misses you?

Game of the Year

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
PlayerUnknown's Battleground
5 person
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Game Direction

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Narrative

What Remains of Edith Finch
Never: Automata
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Art Direction

Destiny 2
Cuphead
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5 person
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Score / Music

Destiny 2
Cuphead
Never: Automata
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
5 person

Best Audio Design

Destiny 2
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey

Best Performance

Melina Juergens, as Senua in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Laura Bailey, in the role of Nadine Ross in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Claudia Black, in the role of Chloe Frazer in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Brian Bloom, as BJ Blazkowicz in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Ashly Burch, as Aloy in Horizon: Zero Dawn

Games for Impact

Please Knock on My Door
Night in the Woods
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Bury Me, My Love
What Remains of Edith Finch
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Best Ongoing Game

Warframe
Rainbow Six: Siege
Overwatch
Grand Theft Auto Online
Destiny 2
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Best Mobile Game

Fire Emblem Heroes
Super Mario Run
Old Man's Journey
Monument Valley 2
Hidden Folks

Best Handheld Game

Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
Monster Hunter Stories
Metroid: Samus Returns
Ever Oasis
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia

Best VR / AR Game

Superhot VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Lone Echo / Echo Arena
Farpoint
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Best Action Game

Prey
Nioh
Destiny 2
Cuphead
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Best Action / Adventure Game

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Assassin's Creed Origins
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Best Roleplaying Game

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Final Fantasy XV
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Never: Automata
5 person

Best Fighting Game

Tekken 7
Nidhogg 2
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
Injustice 2
ARMS

Best Family Game

Splatoon 2
Sonic Mania
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey

Best Strategy Game

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
Tooth and Tail
Total War: Warhammer II
Halo Wars 2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Best Sports / Racing Game

Project Cars 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NBA 2K18
Gran Turismo Sport
Forza Motorsport 7
FIFA 18

Best Multiplayer

Fortnite
Call of Duty: WWII
Splatoon 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Destiny 2
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Most Anticipated Game

The Last Of Us Part II
Red Dead Redemption II
Monster Hunter: World
Marvel's Spider-Man
God of War

Best Independent Game

Pyre
Night in the Woods
Cuphead
What Remains of Edith Finch
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Best Student Game

Meaning
Level Squared
Implusion
Falling Sky
hollowed
From Light

Trending Gamer

Steven Spohn
Mike Grzesiek
Guy Beahm
Clint Lexa
Andrew Rene

Best Esports Game

Rocket League
league of legends
DOTA 2
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Overwatch

Best Esports Player

Kuro "KuroKy" Salehi Takhasomi
Je-hong "ryujehong" Ryu
Nikola "NiKo" Kovac
Marcelo "coldzera" David
Lee sang-hyeok "Faker"

Best Esports Team

Team Liquid
SK Telecom 1
Lunatic-Hai
FaZe Clan
Cloud9

Best Debut Indie Game

Slime Rancher
Mr. Shifty
Hollow Knight
Golf Story
Cuphead

Best Chinese Game

Monument Valley 2
jx3 HD
gumballs
ICEY (Our Review)
King of Glory