Time of numbers from the various software houses and, among these, could not miss Nintendo. The Kyoto House comes from a positive period thanks to Nintendo Switch and, although there are not the same numbers as last year, he still travels at a very good speed.
In fact, in the last quarter, the Japanese company sold 1,91 million of Nintendo Switch, reaching an overall of 19.67 million (probably with the 20 reached considering the month of July).
Very good numbers, but they have seen a slight braking compared to last year, probably caused by a software department not up to par: excluded Mario Tennis Aces, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and the Kit of Nintendo Laboin fact, the owners of the hybrid console could not enjoy unforgettable titles that pushed sales.
here are the hardware sales data, including those of Wii U and 3DS:
- Total hardware switch: 19.67 million
- Software switch total: 86.93 million
- 3DS hardware total: 72.89 million
- 3DS software total: 367.84 million
- Wii U hardware total: 13.56 million
- Wii U software total: 102.28 million
- Net sales: $ 1.513 billion (up 9% year-over-year)
- Profit: $ 394.6 million (up 42% year-over-year)
Incredible numbers instead for the Switch software, which passes from 68,97 million to 86,93 million in just 3 months.
This is the ranking of the best-selling games on Nintendo Switch until now:
- Super Mario Odyssey - 11.17 million
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 10.35 million
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 9.32 million
- Splatoon 2 - 6.76 million
- 1-2 Switch - 2.45 million
- ARMS - 2.01 million
- Kirby Star Allies - 1.89 million
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.42 millions
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 1.40 million
- Mario Tennis Aces - 1.38 million
A slowdown that does not worry, also seen the huge profit (+ 42% compared to last year); moreover, starting from September we will have the Nintendo Switch Online, the two Pokémon Let's Go! e Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; the future for Nintendo seems to be very positive.