Millions of Players from More than 60 Nations Expected to Compete; More than a Projected 20 Official League Partners to Host Tournaments; Watch Today's EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Twitch Kickoff Show to Learn More
REDWOOD CITY, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) –Today, Electronic Arts Inc.. (NASDAQ: EA) and Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) announced the launch of the EA SPORTS ™ FIFA 20 Global Series on the Road to the FIFA eWorld CupTM. Millions will compete in this robust and accessible nine-month competition with a prize pool now exceeding $ 3 million up for grabs.
The EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series continues to expand as more than 20 Residents within each respective nation can sign-up and compete. League partners include the Premier League, Australian A-League, Austrian Bundesliga, Bundesliga, Danish Superliga, LaLiga, LFP, Maltese Premier League, Norwegian Elite Serien, Polish Ekstraklasa, Saudi Professional League, Ukrainian Premier League and more. The UEFA eChampions League also returns as EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series stars will represent the top clubs in the world.
“The EA SPORTS FIFA 20 "Global Series is the most inclusive exporting on the planet," said FIFA Competitive Gaming Commissioner Brent Koning. “Anyone can become a superstar and the opportunity to make has accelerated with more than 20 official league partners now in the mix. This connection to global sport drives viewer intrigue, and that positions well for surpassing last year's 800 million minutes of EA SPORTS FIFA 19 Global Series content watched. "
Catch former US Men's National Team player Jimmy Conrad, current EA SPORTS FIFA competitor and content creator Mike Labelle, and notable export commentator and host Dan Gaskin provide a comprehensive overview of the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series. They'll cover everything you need to know about the new season, plus discuss early EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Tips and tricks today October 7 at 7 pm UK local time on the EA SPORTS FIFA Twitch channel.
The EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series schedule can be found at http://www.futchampions.com and below are additional ways to compete and watch.
- The Road to the FIFA eWorld Cup: To qualify for the FIFA eWorld Cup 2020, competitors must earn enough EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Ranking Points to qualify for one of the 128 (64 for platforms) seats at the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Playoffs. Competitors earn points through their performances at marquee live events, which players can qualify through their online performance. Then, the top 16 ranked players on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One will advance to the FIFA eWorld Cup ™ where an EA SPORTS FIFA 20 World Champion will be crowned.
- FUT Champions Cups: There are six FUT Champions Cup in the season with the first taking place on November 8. FUT Champions Cups are EA Majors, a large global live event that feature an open qualification format. All the competitors have the same path towards FUT Champions Cup
- FIFA eNations Cup: All countries will be able to create a national team in order to take part in the qualification. The second year of the annual national team competition will feature at 2v2 team format.
- FIFA eClub World Cup: An enhanced online qualification over a longer time period year-over-year will provide opportunities for global clubs to qualify for the live event. The format will be unique with both 1v1 and 2v2 matchups.
All eligible players interested in joining the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series * need to register at http://www.futchampions.com between now and October 31, 2019 or January 16, 2020 and January 31, 2020. As a registered player, you can become FUT Champions Verified by achieving a ranking of 1 Elite in Weekend League after which you may receive invitations to play in online qualifier tournaments and earn EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Global Series Ranking Points. Rankings throughout the season will be available on FIFA.gg. For more EA SPORTS FIFA 20 competitive details, please CLICK HERE.
* Eligibility restrictions apply. If it's Official Rules for details. Final terms and structure subject to change.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
In fiscal year 2019, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $ 4.95 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality brands such as EA SPORTS ™ FIFA, Battlefield ™, Apex Legends ™, The Sims ™, Madden NFL, Need for Speed ™, Titanfall ™ and Plants vs. Zombies ™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.
Electronic Arts Inc.
Travis Varner, 650-628-2717
Manager, Strategic Communications