The update includes events to level up and special events to celebrate the Lunar New Year
LOS ANGELES– (BUSINESS WIRE) -MapleStory M, the mobile version of the free online massively multiplayer role-playing game for iOS e Android, inaugurated the new year with the most extensive update so far, in which the legendary hero is introduced Shade and a series of events of limited duration.
One of Maple's most vaunted heroes, Shade he is one of the six heroes who ended the macabre reign of the Black Mage, the most feared opponent in MapleStory. Shade, the last hero to land in the universe of MapleStory M, is classified as a Pirate with a powerful force that uses the primary and secondary weapons Knuckles and Fox Marbles to defeat the enemies. Now resurrected, and with the spirit world at his fingertips, he undertakes an investigation into the current rumors about the return of the Black Mage.
The update offers a series of events dedicated to the new hero Shade and to the Lunar New Year! Starting today, exciting new events will be available to level up, including:
- Growth event dedicated to Shade: until February 24, players who reach a certain level will get additional in-game items to use to level up a specific character.
- Burning event dedicated to Shade: until February 10, each new Shade character will gain three levels for each level passed from level 3 to 100.
- Event with prizes at login in honor of Shade: players who log in from today to January 22 will receive a special gift to help them level up their character, once per account.
- M events dedicated to Heroes: until 11 February four different types of events will be offered in honor of the six legendary heroes. Any character or player with those Six Heroes will receive complimentary items that will help them gain experience, as well as get additional statistics options for their characters.
In addition to the events to earn levels, there will be an infinity of other events dedicated to the Lunar New Year, including:
- 7-day Attendance event for the Lunar New Year: From January 20 to February 3, players who log in will receive participation prizes to acquire items that earn their characters experience points.
- Lunar New Year Achievement Event: from January 20 to February 3, players will be able to collect special coins to win prizes, including an object that can be used to earn multiple stars (Star Force), one to customize characters and one to enhance the experience.
About MapleStory M smarturl.it/110rng
MapleStory M, launched on July 24, 2018 worldwide, brings the nostalgic world of massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) to the mobile device on the side scrolling MapleStory, offering the same infinite options of customization, engaging plots and epic boss raids that fans expect from the epic series. Available in 140 countries and 9 different languages, MapleStory M has quickly reached 10 million downloads in the first 100 days of its global launch.
About Nexon America Inc. http://www.nexon.net/corporate/about-nexon/
Nexon America, a subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. ("Nexon") (3659.TO), is the leader in the online gaming industry globally, with over 80 live games offered in over 190 countries. Nexon America was the first company to launch microtransactions and the commercial model of the free game in the western market and is widely known for its unmatched global skills in managing sophisticated live games, for the support provided to the gaming communities and for being capable of supporting titles for years and even decades. Nexon is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and was included in the Nikkei 300 stock index in 2017.
The original text of this announcement, written in the source language, is the official version that is authentic. The translations are offered solely for the reader's convenience and must refer to the text in the original language, which is the only legally valid one.
Alexa Bowers B / HI for Nexon